The holiday season can be stressful. After spending hours wrapping countless presents, cooking a holiday meal, and dealing with the season’s hectic traffic, it’s time you could use a vacation. What better place to relax than Fredericksburg, Texas? Situated in Texas Hill Country, Fredericksburg is a hub for foodies, history buffs, wine lovers, and art enthusiasts. The town is also notorious for its bed and breakfasts, which combine rustic charm with modern elegance to give you the utmost comfort, privacy, and relaxation during your stay. While staying at our Bed and Breakfast in Fredericksburg, TX on Main Street, you’ll enjoy the most luxurious amenities and be just a stone’s throw away from all the exciting activities the town has to offer.
Here are some of the many fun events you can enjoy in Fredericksburg this January:
- First Friday Art Walk – On the first Friday of every month the town hosts its First Friday Art Walk event. On January 2nd, fourteen exquisite art galleries will open their doors at 10 am with a full day of events. The regional, national, and international art pieces will be on display until 8 pm. While you enjoy the unique and stunning displays, you can sip on local wine from the region’s award-winning wineries, including Becker Vineyards, Grape Creek Vineyards, and Torre De Pietra.
- Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 “Port & Pairings” – Texas Hill Country is one of the top wine destinations in the world, so you won’t want to miss out on this event. On January 11th, the 13 participating Wine Road 290 wineries will showcase their Port and pair it with delicious treats, including special cheeses, brownies, and chocolates. Enjoy some of the world’s best wines in a gorgeous Texas Hill Country setting.
- Talks & Tours with the Curator at the National Museum of the Pacific War – The National Museum of the Pacific War is the only institution in the continental U.S. dedicated to telling the story of the Pacific Theatre battles of World War II. The museum houses a variety of exhibits including the George Bush Gallery, Admiral Nimitz Museum, Pacific Combat Zone, Plaza of Presidents, Memorial Courtyard, and the Japanese Garden of Peace. On January 16th, you can enjoy a discussion with the museum curator about the museum’s spectacular artifacts. It’s going to be a one-of-a-kind experience you won’t want to miss.
- 8th Annual Luckenbach Blues Festival – Enjoy a full day of non-stop blues music from renowned musicians at the 8th Annual Luckenbach Blues Festival on January 24th. The lineup has not yet been released, but last’s year event included stunning performances from Van Wilks, Malford Milligan, Paula Nelson, Texas Tornados, Nicholas David (from The Voice), and Garrett LeBeau. While you sway to the beat, you can also enjoy the delicious festival foods, including pulled pork, BBQ, hamburgers, and sausage wraps, and of course, wine and beer.
- History in Your Backyard at the Pioneer Museum – Immerse yourself in Fredericksburg’s rich German history at the Pioneer Museum on January 31st. The event is the first in a series of events that will feature noted historians addressing the history of Texas and the Hill Country. Walk through early “real life” Texas structures and enjoy exhibits that portray the early Texas family life, education, professions, and culture.
How will you choose to experience Fredericksburg this January?