For Christmas this year, why not give a perfect getaway together – Fredericksburg in the Hill Country is one of the most fun and romantic choices for such a trip! Memories are some of the most romantic gifts you can give, and the elves at Wine Country Cottages can help you wrap up that special gift of a premier Fredericksburg getaway. You could plan a relaxing stay after the busy holiday season, escape to celebrate Valentine’s in February, welcome spring following the bluebonnet trails, or enjoy one of the Texas Wine Trail’s celebrations throughout the year.
Each of our 13 bed and breakfast cottage accommodations is designed for romance with its own private hot tub, cozy fireplace, luxurious king size bed and bathroom, plus rocking chairs outside overlooking our fire pit. The cottages combine the rustic charm of Texas Hill Country and German architecture with luxurious 21st century amenities. Four historic cottages date from the 19th and beginning of the 20th century, while the remaining buildings were constructed more recently. Each cottage has its own special unique style. The oldest is the Loeffler-Weber Cabin, built as a Sunday House in 1846. The Tank House cottage was built originally to store water rather than as a home, and two other cottages, The Manor and Original Estate, were parts of an early farmhouse.
You’ be pampered throughout your getaway with a one-of-a-kind experience. Your cottage comes with complete with fresh flowers, luxury linens and down comforters, a spa-like bathroom, a gourmet wet bar stocked with locally sourced items and your continental breakfast, an iPad and flat screen television. Free Wi-Fi and on-site parking are provided, of course.
Wine lovers, Fredericksburg is near the heart of the over 50 Hill Country wineries. Between the areas around Fredericksburg and nearby Stonewall, you’ll find 27 of them! Several, including Lost Draw Cellars, Andreucci Wines, and Pontonac Vineyards Weingarten have tasting rooms in downtown Fredericksburg near your accommodations. You’ll also find craft breweries and distilleries nearby.
Fredericksburg is a great getaway destination for outdoor lovers, too, whether you like to hike, bike, canoe, kayak, or fish. You’re surrounded by a variety of lakes, wildlife refuges and Texas State Natural Areas and Parks. In addition to Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, just 20 miles away, Pedernales Falls, Longhorn Caverns, Inks Lake, and Colorado Bend State Parks all are within about an hour’s drive.
Wine Country Cottages are located in the heart of Fredericksburg near the Marktplatz, within the National Historic District. Strolling around, you’ll find over 150 different shops, boutiques, and galleries with artwork, home décor, artisan creations in metal, glass, and ceramics, handmade jewelry, western wear, vintage clothing, and more. Don’t overlook the winery tasting rooms, outstanding restaurants, museums, and live music! Here are a few of our favorite stops in this shopping paradise:
- The Fredericksburg Christmas Store stocks a one of the largest worldwide selections of Christmas décor, including exclusive designs, plus garden décor and selections for other holidays like Halloween.
- Step back in time to the 1950s at Dooley’s 5-10 & 25 cent Store, where you can shop for nostalgic reproductions of that era as well Fredericksburg souvenirs and gifts.
- You’ll find almost every kitchen or home-related item ever invented at Der Kuchen Laden,“the best little kitchen store in Texas.”
- For some of the best tastes of Texas, Rustlin’ Rob’s Texas Gourmet Foods offers a great variety of jams, salsas, hot sauces, olives, chutneys, and more. You’re invited to sample them, too!
- Remember being a kid in a candy store? Relive those days with sweet temptations made from scratch at Lone Star Candy Bar and Fredericksburg Fudge. Reward yourselves with peanut brittle, chocolate-dipped goodies (bacon and jalapenos as well as strawberries), plus countless flavors of fudge.
Wrapping up the gift of an unforgettable romantic getaway is easy if you let the elves at Wine Country Cottages help you make this a special holiday and a romantic New Year! Just give us a call at (830) 213-2570 or go online to check availability.
Header image by elements-5-digital on UnSplash
Gift box image Diette Henderson, Gift box and Christmas tree image by Kari Shea on UnSplash